The purpose of this page is to clarify the role and functionality of workflows in Ashore.
You can create a workflow any time. Here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Automation page from the top navigation menu
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Workflows”
- Select the “Create Workflow” button
You’ll be redirected to the Workflow page. Here’s what you need to know about that page:
- Workflows are built in “Approval Stages”. A workflow needs at least one stage.
- When you start the workflow, the proof will be sent to all approvers in the first approval stage. When all approvers have approved the proof in the first stage, Ashore will automatically send the proof to the next approval stage, and so on.
Here is an explanation of the fields in each “Approval Stage”:
- Stage Name: By default, we’ll name the first stage “Approval Stage 1”, but you can name it whatever you want. For example, if you have a workflow that sends a proof to all internal managers before the proof is sent to the customer, you might name the first stage “Internal” and the second stage “Customers”.
- Sender: Sometimes, proofs need to be sent to approvers by someone other than the original sender. For example, a production artist might create and start a workflow, but a sales representative might need to be the person who needs to send the proof. From this dropdown, you can select other Ashore users who will become the owner of the proof in that approval stage. In other words, the proof will be sent from Ashore by the selected Ashore user.
- Add Approvers: Input the approvers who should be sent the proof in an approval stage. When the stage is initiated by Ashore, it will send the proof to all approvers in the stage at the same time. You can add existing approvers from your account to this field: just start typing an approvers name, and Ashore will autocomplete the list. You can also create new approvers by selecting the “Create New Approver” button.
- BCC Ashore Users: You can add Ashore users to be blind copied on all notifications sent during this stage. For example, if your manager wants to be privy to all activity in the stage, you can add them here. They’ll receive all of the same notifications as you.
- Subject Line: Input the subject line for the proof. It could be something like: Please Review this Proof.
- Select Template: If you’d like to fill the subject line and message using one of your email templates, you can select the template here.
- Message to Approvers: Write your message to approvers in this approval stage here. When the approval stage is initiated, we’ll send your message along with a link to view the proof.
- Add Approval Stage Button: This button will initiate a new approval stage.